We respect your privacy. If you do not opt back in, we will remove you from our mailing list and will not send you any further correspondence unless you direct us otherwise. If you do opt in, and we truly hope you will, please know that we will not send you any unsolicited correspondence and that you may furthermore unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. We hold data about you only so that you are kept up to date about current news related to the European Union and the works of MEP Alfred Sant. If you do opt in you will continue hearing from us in future – this includes receiving invites to our events and our research, campaigns and information for the benefit of the debate on European issues.
The materials contained in this website are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice nor do they commit the office of MEP Alfred Sant to any obligation whatsoever. The office of MEP Alfred Sant accepts no responsibility for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage which may arise from reliance on information contained in this site. Users are advised to seek confirmation of statements made herein before acting upon them; specialist advice should also be sought on specific issues.
Notification of changes to this policy
The Office of MEP Alfred Sant is continually improving and adding new information to its websites, keeping up to date with current EU related affairs. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law, and the changing nature of technology, data practices exercised by the Office of MEP Alfred Sant will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, the Office of MEP Alfred Sant will post the changes on our websites to notify you of the changes. We encourage you to check this page frequently.
Personal data collected through www.alfredsant.eu
The only personal data the Office of MEP Alfred Sant currently collects through its websites is the information you voluntarily give us when you use our sites.
For example, you may use this site to subscribe to the newsletter issued by the Office of MEP Alfred Sant every fortnight. When you fill out a form on our websites, you may provide your name and other contact information, including your company’s name and your e-mail address of your company or other personal information.
All data collected will be processed in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (EU) and the Data Protection Act (440).
Use of personal data collected through www.alfredsant.eu
The Office of MEP Alfred Sant uses the personal data information you provide to send you the fortnight electronic newsletter. The Office of MEP Alfred Sant also use this information to help us improve the content and functionality of our websites and newsletter and to better understand our subscribers, and to improve on the information provided. The Office of MEP Alfred Sant use this information to contact you in the future to tell you about new projects or events being held by the same office. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future communications.
Requirements and criteria for processing
The Office of MEP Alfred Sant ensures that:
- personal data is processed fairly and lawfully;
- personal data is always processed in accordance with good practice;
- personal data is only collected for specific, explicitly stated and legitimate purposes;
- personal data is not processed for any purpose that is incompatible with that for which the information is collected;
- personal data that is processed is adequate and relevant in relation to the purposes of the processing;
- no more personal data is processed than is necessary having regard to the purposes of the processing;
- personal data that is processed is correct and, if necessary, up to date;
- all reasonable measures are taken to complete, correct, block or erase data to the extent that such data is incomplete or incorrect, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed;
- personal data is not kept for a period longer than is necessary, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed. Personal data may be processed only if:
- the data subject has unambiguously given his consent; or
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract; or
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Office of MEP Alfred Sant is subject; or
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject; or
- processing is necessary for the performance of an activity that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in The Office of MEP Alfred Sant or in a third party to whom the data is disclosed; or
- processing is necessary for a purpose that concerns a legitimate interest of the Office of MEP Alfred Sant or of such a third party to whom personal data is provided, except where such interest is overridden by the interest to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject and in particular the right to privacy.
Anonymous data collected through www.alfredsant.eu
In addition to the information you provide when you use our websites, The Office of MEP Alfred Sant uses technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our websites. For example, we use technology to track how many visitors access our websites, the date and time of their visit, the length of their stay, and which pages they view. We also use technology to determine which web browsers our visitors use and the address from which they accessed our sites (for example, if they connected MEP Alfred Sant website by clicking on one of our banner ads).
This technology does not identify you personally. It simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our sites. The Office of MEP Alfred Sant uses this anonymous data and share it with third parties to improve the content and functionality of our websites, to better understand our customers and markets, and to improve our products and services.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
The Office of MEP Alfred Sant will not share any of your personal data collected through this website
Link to Other Sites
Rectification, Deletion etc
The Office of MEP Alfred Sant shall at the request of the data subject to immediately rectify, block or erase such personal data that has not been processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act or with regulations made thereunder.
About Cookies On This Site